Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Following through ... really

Yeah, I stayed in last night as well. Of course it was only a slim possibility that I was going to head out. But tonight is a different tale. I am definitely going out.

To get ready for that, I spent the day doing one of my least favorite things and one of my favorite things -- laundry and cooking.

Now I realized that I cheated y'all out of photos of the Friday treats. Then I realized that I had some leftover ingredients in the fridge that were begging to be used quickly before they went bad. But I also needed to pick up some olive oil and nutmeg. Oh yeah, and white wine. How I allowed myself to run out of olive oil is a mystery to me.

On the a walk to the store, I noticed that it's starting to look like spring.



It's a good thing I had to head out.


There was curry chicken salad in the deli.

And now I present to you the main dishes from the Friday treats.




Spinach lasagna ...




and moussaka.

There was also some baklava but that is long gone. I might make some galaktoboureko later this week though, still having phyllo in the freezer as well. Oh, and there was also the tapenade. There were also lots of requests for the tapenade recipe.

And once I started doing laundry, I decided to scrub down the bathroom. Once the food is done, I decided to relax with a nice bubble bath. I haven't felt like I've had time to do that in quite some time. I like to use unscented bubble bath. They'll scent it for you at the store but I like to add oils in based upon my mood. The salesperson who sold me the bubble bath told me that this was just as well since the scent does not always last when they add it. I usually like to use a combination of musk, jasmine, rose, and ylang ylang but I was out of both musk and ylang ylang. So I improvised. I used jasmine, rose, violet, gardenia, and ambergris. The cool thing is that the scent lingers in the apartment for about a day or so.

And now I'm going to make myself all pretty -- painting toenails, picking out the right outfit. Because I'm really heading out tonight.

2 comments: