Friday, February 23, 2007

Summer preview

I cannot believe that this week is coming to an end. Where did the time go? Of course, I have come to think of it as a glimpse of what summer will be like. This summer, for the first time in years, I do not plan to work. I was a bit worried about what I will do over the ten weeks. Now I'm not so worried.

I've had a few highlights to my week. Like going out on Wednesday night. It was nice being able to go out when I felt like it and not having to worry about my ability to function the next day.

It was also nice to be able to bond with the TV. Back on Super Bowl Sunday, I saved all of the episodes of My Boys to the DVR. I discovered this week that there were episodes that somehow I had missed. Like the one where PJ's aunt comes to visit. How could I have missed that one the first time?

Oh, and last night was the series finale of The O.C.. I pulled out my t-shirt for the occasion. Worn with jean shorts, of course. Yeah, it was something like 50 degrees last night. It just meant that I had to turn on the heat. And with the final scene of Sandy, it seemed quite fitting that I chose to wear that t-shirt. So now I'm waiting for Jill and Jolene to move to Berkeley. Because apparently it's the place to be.

So while this week is winding down, I am now completely excited about the prospect of summer. Lots of lazing around. A little cooking. Maybe some partying. OK. So perhaps that's more like a guarantee because me not out and about? Frightening thought. Oh, and maybe some road trips. Summer just can't come fast enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment