Sunday, August 12, 2007

A bullet dodged

Yesterday I went to lunch with some food bloggers. I'll let them tell the tale though.

Instead, let me fill you in on the latest about my former employers. I received a phone call from a friend. Seems like she has an interview with the folks this week. Well, I didn't know at first if it was the same folks but it was the same company. I told her about my experiences. Then we figured out that it was indeed the exact same folks. She's going to call me after her interview. Fortunately, it's not her first choice in possible jobs. We are both wondering if it ever dawned on them that we know each other and that she might think to call me. Seeing as our last job was at the same place. I know if I was reading resumes that I might make that assumption.

Then later I got an email from a friend who just recently left their employ. The tales he told me made me thankful that I hadn't gotten the job. And now I am sure why I didn't get the job.

In my last interview I mentioned that during my previous employment there, this friend had really stepped up during chaotic times. I didn't know at the time that he had quit the previous week. So as it appears that they didn't get along, it seems only natural to me that they would not want to hire someone who they think might be too much like him. Mystery solved as far as I'm concerned.

And yes, I am still celebrating not getting the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment