Saturday, August 4, 2007

Still reading

Every week I say to myself, "I should go out and get A Thousand Splendid Suns," but it seems like something always gets in the way. This week I finished the Midnighters series. Next on my list was supposed to be The Poe Shadow. Actually I have already read the first couple of chapters of Poe but had put it on hold to read the other stuff. So I was going to read A Thousand Splendid Suns after Poe. OK. I probably will. It just looks like there will be some other reading in between.

Yesterday I let my mother talk me into leaving home. My first public appearance. Occasionally people gave me strange looks. *sigh* At least my mouth is no longer crooked. An important lesson I learned yesterday is to not leave home without one's painkillers. I ended up out longer than I had thought I would and the painkillers had not been working for hours by the time I got home.

The plan was to go to the movies. The only problem was that we wanted to see two different things. My mother ended up seeing El Cantate while I opted for The Bourne Ultimatum. I think I enjoyed my selection a great deal more than she did hers. She said the best thing about the movie was the soundtrack. I also got to see some cool trailers before my movie.

There was a slight difference in starting/ending times of our selections so we both killed time shopping. She hit various clothing stores while waiting for her movie to start. I went to Barnes & Noble while waiting for hers to end. Mistake. I don't think I have ever walked out of a bookstore empty-handed.

Two years ago, I read two books that I still kind of remember -- The A-List and Sex, Murder and a Double Latte. I received two surprises. Apparently The A-List is now a series of books. And Kyra Davis has a new book out, Passion, Betrayal and Killer Highlights. I couldn't resist the Kyra Davis book and have started reading it. It's much easier to read now too since I had my mother stop by the eye clinic yesterday as well so that I could get my new glasses. Maybe one day I will read the rest of the A-List series but for now I am going to go with the latest Scott Westerfeld series.

And then there was that other thing that I noticed while shopping. I noticed this other series of books and thought, "No, it can't be." It seems that one of the new CW shows for the fall is based on a teen book series. Hmmm.

Well, time to get ready to head out once more. The cat food is getting low and I need to return a pair of shoes. And perhaps a little more grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment