Thursday, February 22, 2007

Trying to find the right words

I know this sounds strange. Me struggling to find the right way of phrasing something. Especially in light of the story.

Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty shy. I get nervous when I meet new people. And what do I do when I'm nervous? I talk. A lot. I do know that if I ever meet up with Dan again, I'm going to do a lot more listening. Because then he won't be a new person.

OK. Got that out of the way. That's right. I actually did make it out the door last night. And I got to meet Dan who is really nice. Especially since he let me talk his ear off. He had to go to work and I didn't so we eventually parted ways. That means that he went home and I closed the place down.

I was supposed to be heading to Tomales Bay today. Didn't happen. First of all, because I didn't wake up until 11 this morning. That would be the time I was supposed to be meeting up with my aunt. Secondly, the weather is kind of so-so. Instead, I've been lounging around and trying to rehydrate. Oh, and the curry chicken salad was quite yummy. But the really scary thought? I vaguely remember telling Jade that we could go to happy hour today. I'm not sure if I'm up for it. I must be getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment