Sunday, August 21, 2005

It's a good thing I don't have children

It's been an interesting weekend. By Friday night, Natasha had stopped puking her guts out, so I thought all was well, or at least well enough to head out. I ended up going to a party with my neighbor. When I got home at 2, I fed Natasha. She managed to keep the food down so I decided to cancel the vet appointment.

My alarm rang at the crack of dawn (OK. So it was really 8 but it felt like crack of dawn after the night before.) I called the vet to cancel, and Natasha and I went back to sleep. Around 1 p.m. the vomit fest started again. She looked so pathetic, I broke down and took her to the vet. They said it was a hairball, tainted food (Did you know that dry food can go bad?), or a combination of the both. They gave me a syringe so that I could force water into her as she was refusing to eat or drink anything. After we returned home, the puke fest continued until midnight. May I never have to clean up kitty puke again.

Today she has not puked anymore and seems more her old self. She is drinking water but still does not want food. I decided to go get her some chicken broth. I also needed to pick up some leeks, thyme and vanilla extract. (No, I am not going to put them all in the same dish.) Yesterday after dropping Tasha off at home, I went grocery shopping. The first two items were out in my local store; I forgot to pick up the third.

I do not get nearly enough exercise so I decided to walk to the other Andronico's -- the scenic way. A few weeks ago I picked up a copy of the map of walking paths in Berkeley. The following photos are from the paths I walked today and are from the Berkeley Path Wanderers Association website. (When I thought of taking photos, I had difficulty locating my cellphone. I was also lugging a bag of groceries because of course I bought more than what was on my list -- like the croissants and raspberries to make the bread pudding that is baking currently.)


This is the first path I walked.


The next path was the Fountain Walk.



This is the final path I walked today, the Indian Rock path. I believe it was the longest of the paths.

On the way home, I only took the Terrace path. I had had enough of going up and down hills that were a bit out of the way. Many of the homes along the paths have beautiful gardens. I know I will have to go back to take pictures of some flowers I noticed in one garden on the Terrace path. I have no idea what kind they are. The other fascinating thing is that some of the houses along the paths actually have front entrances on the paths. It made me wonder if they had garage access from a street. I just could not imagine hiking along the paths all the time to reach home.

Well I'd better run along. The bread pudding is cooling and I need to make a creme Anglaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment