Sunday, August 14, 2005

Things to do with my bonus check

Part of the thrill of my job is that the majority of my pay comes in the form of my monthly bonus check. Now that we have gone through a change of ownership, we now have a new bonus structure. In looking over the paperwork a couple of weeks ago, I came to the realization that my bonuses will now more than likely be double what they were previously. That has left me thinking about what to do with all that extra money.

First and foremost is to put aside money for a fabulous vacation. I haven't been to London in a few years so that seems like the obvious choice. Then again I could stand another trip to Barbados. Since I am planning to take this trip in February or March, Barbados seems like a pretty good choice. Upon returning I could really gloat as everyone else will have been stuck here with lots of rain, or at least overcast weather, and should look pretty pasty.

The other thing I would like to be able to do is to dine out more. I have been wanting to check out The Fifth Floor for quite some time. Then there's also Slanted Door. I also have not been to Crustacean in a few years. I dream of the garlic noodles every now and then. I just started to notice a trend with the restaurants. That means I may as well include Le Cheval, another one of my favorites. To round it all out, I also need to go to Yank Sing. At least I've been there in the past year but a year is too long to go without dim sum.

No comments:

Post a Comment