Monday, August 29, 2005

That nesting feeling

For most people, nesting means shutting yourself in at home alone. For me, it means staying in and inviting a bunch of people over. That usually means that I need to find a reason.

I also know that it cannot be in the month of September. The coming weekend I plan to be in the LA area. The next weekend I have to attend a surprise birthday party for my stepmother. (Yes, Gloria, her birthday is the same weekend as yours. By the way what is up with all these September birthdays? Never mind. I know the answer. I can count back nine months.) The next weekend is supposed to be this great firefighter party. The following weekend is the Fall Equinox.

That brings us to October. October is wide open. Of course the thought of October brings the obvious to mind -- Halloween. My boss and I were highly upset to discover that Halloween falls on a Monday this year. She mentioned that she is used to taking the day after Halloween off because she is not necessarily in the condition to work that day. I knew I liked her for some reason. She was also a wee bit upset when she realized that she has not started work on her costume yet. When I was in school in VA, Halloween was a major event. Let's face it. In a town of about 12,000 a lot of things can easily become major events. Therefore, I somehow feel it is my duty to throw a Halloween party that weekend. I think I will confer with my neighbor first. I think that together we could throw one hell of a party. Knowing my flaky friends I also know that I'd better send out the evite asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment