Thursday, August 18, 2005

Now I remember...

Why I get the lovely monthly bonus checks. I was at work yesterday for 13 hours. That's right -- 13 hours! And this after having several G&T's the night before. Needless to say, I consumed copious amounts of caffeine throughout the day.

Tuesday night I headed into San Francisco to catch the Landmark's fall preview. Unfortunately I started out from work too late. I realized that by the time I found parking, the chance of getting a decent seat was slim. I then figured I was in San Francisco and there was no sense in heading back to Berkeley immediately. Therefore, I headed over to one of my fave neighborhoods -- North Beach. Once there I went to my former home away from home. Now I also remember why I use the word former. They had no Myers. There was only Captain Morgan's, Malibu, and Bacardi white. How wrong is that? I was therefore forced to switch to Bombay Sapphire G&T's. As the only female in the bar, I had plenty of opportunities to chat with folks. I ended the evening talking to a 1L from USF. When he was leaving, he asked if I needed a ride home. Ummmmm ... NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment