Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Blowing off steam

I wrote this post shortly after getting rid of the hideous boy. I don't know why I never got around to posting it. Anyway, here goes...

I know. I am supposed to be the party girl. I shouldn't let people get to me. I do. I was just programmed by my Southern mother to not speak up all of the time when I am truly pissed. That means that I keep some stuff in and let it fester. Here's my chance to get stuff off of my chest by listing things that piss me off:

1. Presumptuous men -- like that one I just got rid of. Remember that old saying about making assumptions? That's all I have to say.

2. OK. So this is about to become a list of all the things I did not like about the boy. But asking questions for the sake of asking? If it is not an intelligent question, keep your mouth shut. The boy liked to ask completely inane questions at restaurants and bars. If there is an explanation in the menu, don't you think you should read that first before asking? Maybe it's like asking for directions.

3. Let's keep harping on the boy, Yes, I am a partygirl. I know a lot of people who do a lot of drugs. I don't date them. I am the queen of compartmentalizing folks. Drugs are never allowed into my dating compartment though.

4. Lack of commitment/planning. OK. So maybe these should be two separate topics. The first has nothing to do with dating. It's all about making decisions and sticking to them. Even more important than sticking to them, it's about following through. The second is that sometimes one has to make plans. Using the boy as an example, he decided that he would impress me by making plans for dinner and a concert. It would have been really impressive if he had thought to make reservations at the restaurant. If a restaurant is on the Chronicle's list of the top 100 in the Bay Area, anyone with half a brain would realize that they should call the restaurant to check on the reservation policy. Once more, perhaps that is like asking for directions.

5. Not knowing where the hell you are going. ASK FOR DIRECTIONS!

6. An inability to recognize the empress that I am. If I tell you to do something, it is a royal command and should be followed. Disregard me at your own peril.

Now that I've gotten these things off of my chest, I am feeling much better. And you? Like I really care how you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment