Monday, April 3, 2006

Gracias, Cesar!

What a joy to work somewhere with lots of holidays once more. Friday I was off work for Cesar Chavez Day. (That's a state holiday in California in case you are not aware. Has been for years.) So what to do with myself?

After a few hours at home with the cats, I decided it was time to get out. Well, actually I first decided that it was time to clean. Upon looking around the apartment, I realized that simeple cleaning would not suffice. See there were still those last few pesky boxes sitting around. (Yes, it was over a year ago that I moved and still boxes.) I had run out of storage space but there was this lovely blank space begging for shelving. And then there was the fact that I have been wanting to reconfigure how my cable is hooked up. Well, that obviously meant that a shopping trip was overdue. Besides, my dear friend, Shrew, and my college roommate are due for a visit in about a month. They've never seen this place and I would like for it to be perfect.

The first stop was Target for the cable supplies. On my way to the register, I found these cute pants, a nice rayon blend, that would be perfect for work. And they were $12. I had to buy them.

The next stop was Ikea because they had the shelving unit that I wanted. They also had some dishes that I like. Have I mentioned that the stoneware I have is only a service for four? My other stuff is Mikassa and similar in pattern. They don't make the pattern anymore though. So everything was going well in Ikea until I realized that the Emeryville store did not have the matching bowls. When I got home, I went online to see if I could order them. No. What to do? Then it dawned on me that there is a store in East Palo Alto. No luck there. Ah, but the new store in West Sacramento has opened and apparently has the bowls in stock. Road trip!

I let the cats continue to frolic with the cardboard Saturday morning while I went to the tutoring center. They begged me to come in. So nice to be needed. After that, Sacramento bound.

I was unable to find the bowls in Sacramento. As it turns out, they only had ONE bowl. What a rip. Another thing I have been wanting is a second TV. On my way home, I broke down and bought one. *sigh* I did also find a lot of cute clothes and shoes too. I swear that I have finished shopping. Really. It's just that I go for months without shopping and then I just get a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment