Monday, December 18, 2006

Leaving

So today was the first day of my winter break. Can I just say how wonderful it is? A little hectic, but still wonderful.

Friday night I went out with my fellow teachers to celebrate some birthdays and the start of break. Queenie and I ended up meeting a guy who knows a couple of our co-workers. He seemed to take a real shine to her. Too bad he's 12 years older than she. But she's going to email him. Because he wants to fix me up with one of his friends. Something about former NFL player. We'll see.

Saturday I headed up to Sack a Tomatoes so that I could claim my Christmas gifts. Well, apparently not all of them. My stepmother called earlier today to say that she had forgotten to give me my gift. That's OK though. I got the important ones -- the ones from dad. I am now the proud owner of a Canon SD600. That means when I leave tomorrow, I will be able to take lots of fab photos. All I know is that I'll be glad to be in a place where the temperatures are above 50. Did I mention that Sunday morning it was 34 in my dad's backyard? And the sun was already out? So wrong.

Well, speaking of leaving, I guess I'd better finish my packing since Queenie is picking me up at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow.

Have a great holiday all! I'll be back next week.

Afterthought I totally forgot to mention the thrill of shopping with dad. I got to help pick out the stepmonster's -- oops stepmother's -- gift. Let's just say it involved gold and diamonds. My father blanched when the salesperson told him the sale price on my first choice. My reaction? "No one ever said that I had cheap taste." I can't wait to talk to her after Christmas to find out if she actually liked it.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip! We will miss you. I hope you have loads of fun, and rassle that camera into submission.

    ReplyDelete