Sunday, October 9, 2005

Shaken or stirred?

As promised, here is the dress.



Fortunately the party was as fabulous as the dress. Unfortunately I had to leave the party at 1 a.m. -- the misfortune in going with my neighbor. However, she doesn't drink much (one drink the whole night) so she was the designated driver.

I was accused of being Brazilian (sorry but I just started learning Portuguese a few weeks ago) as well as being Cuban. What I really regret is not getting a picture of the guest of honor from New Zealand. The man can mix a very nice cocktail. We started off with Mojitos and then went on to Cosmos. He works in the wine industry, or perhaps it was food. I think I have met my future husband.

Women at the party asked what was my secret as I have obviously tapped into some fountain of youth. I told them the secret was Ivory soap, lots of drinking and smoking, and an attempt to eat as healthy as possible. I will also curtail the party scene if I feel that I need more sleep. Be warned though. I sleep no more than six hours a night if I am not sick. As the saying goes, "I'll sleep when I'm dead.'

I think I'm going to crawl back to the futon and clutch the remote. My head is killing me. If only the kittens would stop running across me.

No comments:

Post a Comment