Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Trivial matters

On my way home from work it suddenly dawned on me that I do not have to get up at the crack of dawn on Wednesdays or Thursdays. This means that I am free to go out on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I decided to take advantage of this tonight. I mean except for the party on Saturday, I really haven't been out in over a month. How will I ever expect to keep up my membership in the partygirl union with attendance like that?

Tuesday nights are quiz night at my fave bar. I was going to leave just as the quiz was starting up but got sucked in by a question in the first round. I just had to ask one of the teams seated near me what they had given for their answer. We all agreed on the answer and so were sure that it was correct. They then asked me to join their team as the next round started. (They had been perplexed by one of the questions that I answered easily.) We ended up in fourth place. We could have done better if they had only trusted me on one of the questions in the final round. The question was "What was the highest grossing movie with adjustments for inflation?"

No comments:

Post a Comment