Monday, June 19, 2006

Maybe it's time for another break

I think I may be continuing my line of bad decisions. Or maybe I'm just having fun. Who knows?

I do know that I am basically stuck in a rut. This weekend was more of the same -- hanging out at my fave bar. Friday I went to hang out with my new bar friend but she was tired and had to leave early. This guy who was outside having a cig with us said that I could join him and his friends so I did. They were busy celebrating Bloomsday. After finishing a round at the usual place, they insisted on going to another bar. I figured that the band sucked so anything would be OK. Well, almost anything. I was not that inebrietated. The other bar sucked because the bartenders were some of the worst known to man. I quickly left and returned to the usual place. Left around 3 after having a long conversation with a guy about his tattoos -- he finally showed me the ones on his stomach -- and had to go work with kids at 9:30 on Saturday morning. There was some really good coma sleep on Saturday afternoon.

Sunday was Father's Day so that meant the roadtrip. Hanging out with family always means one thing -- cocktails. As soon as I got home, I quickly changed and rushed to the bar. I now had bonus money because both my father and my stepmother had slipped me money to help out with the brunch costs. I love it when they don't communicate with each other. So I got to the bar just in time to see the end of the Dallas-Miami game. Also got to see Retail Boy who had sent me yet another text message on Saturday night. Why won't he go away? This smelly old man would not leave my friend and I alone. It was horrendous. Next thing I knew the bar was closing and I had not paid for a single drink the entire evening. I did make folks promise to come back on Friday. I think I even gave some guy a hug and a kiss on the cheek. But he was cute. And tall. And he plays soccer. Then because I was feeling lazy I made one of the other regulars give me a ride home. Bad call. He said he needed to use the bathroom. I figured he had given me a ride so it was the least that I could do. He then tried to kiss me. Ick! So not attracted.

So now I'm going to try to pull myself together because I have a job interview tomorrow. (Yeah, it's going to take me that long to pull it all together.) And I should probably try to rest up for the long weekend ahead. Oh, and how will I be starting the birthday celebration? By picking up my mother from the airport on Friday night. I swear she does stuff like that on purpose. She was supposed to be getting in on Wednesday but somehow that has now all changed. So instead of sitting in a bar, I will spend hours sitting in traffic. And she's not even bringing me a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment