Friday, August 11, 2006

Grease is the word

Thank goodness I do not have to be up early in the morning currently. If I did, yesterday would have sucked. When I did awake, I had to spend some time rehydrating and caffeinating. I do this by alternating between glasses of lemonade and ones of iced tea. And then I had to relive the previous evening. There are some mystery folks though. Like the guy whose number I programmed into my phone. I guess I shouldn't worry about it because he obviously did not make enough of an impression since I could not match the name to a face. Then I went to read my book later in the day and discovered a business card stuck in there. Nope. Wasn't ringing any bells either. There was a time that I used to decorate my bulletin board with these mystery numbers.

As the day wore on, I realized that I had missed two of the crucial food groups -- carbs and grease. I solved that by going to Panda Express after work. And when I asked for the large soda, the guy at the register asked, "You know that's 40 ounces?" Yes!!! That's why I wanted it. Couldn't the idiot see that I desperately needed liquids. I'm starting to get tired of folks trying to do portion control for me.

After getting my food fix and feeling much better, I decided to call Chef Guy. We had a nice chat. He also solved one mystery for me. The business card? His roommate. So he's supposed to call me back sometime in the next few days now that he has my phone number. He said something about going out to dinner. Why this almost sounds like a real date and all.

And since I have to be at work tomorrow morning at 10 (tutoring center), I will be staying in this evening as well. Really. Besides I don't know tonight's band.

No comments:

Post a Comment