Friday, August 18, 2006

Interviews may be starting soon

So Grasshopper is incapicitated this week and probably will not be at the pub this evening. That means I'll be hosting "the show" solo this week. Over the past few weeks, I have had to do this a few times due to her dating schedule. We have toyed with the idea of having guest hosts. Given Grasshopper's injury, it may be a few weeks before she can proudly sit upon a bar stool and sling commentary along with me.

Who is the ideal applicant? Well, ideally you are willing to be as bitchy as Grasshopper when it comes to annoying men. If not, I may be willing to assume that role. (Prior to meeting Grasshopper, I have had numerous years of experience in this area. She just does it so well that I have deferred to her. Proof of this is that Retail Boy has not shown up at the pub at the same time we are there since that fateful evening. He knows that she will tear him a new one if she sees him.) Also, a good guest host knows that when war breaks out, you never leave your allies behind. Thus the need for frequent text messages and/or phone calls. Yes, I realize that we are in the same pub but it is easy to lose track of someone. There must be constant communication. Finally, a good guest host recognizes that whining from men is never acceptable.

If you think you have what it takes, drop me a line.

Hmmm. I'm starting to think that given how this year has unfolded thus far that perhaps I should change my profile. Yesterday I was talking to a new co-worker. She's 24 and I impressed her with my partying skills. (She is familiar with my former party places in SF and knows some of my former partners in crime. OK. So scary is that one of these people is a former teacher of hers. She was also shocked when I told her my age. Nothing new there. Thank you, melanin.) "Former partygirl?" Nope. I was just on vacation and now I'm back. That's why I think my theme song for the fall will be SexyBack -- because this song makes me want to dance. On bars or tabletops.

Tonight I have been just a little bit wired. That would be pure adrenaline. No other substances. Well except the deadly combo of two buck Chuck and adrenaline. The two can keep me awake until noon if I want them to. Thank you very much. I had originally toyed with the idea of heading out but when it took me an hour to find parking by home, I changed my mind. Besides the bartender tonight was one of the secondary ones. He has been trained so that (1) he is not surly towards me and (2) he remembers my preferred drink. With that, I have had my Carlos Santana fix, I will finally go to sleep so that I may go out in about sixteen hours or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment