Wednesday, August 1, 2007

More of the Drama Queen (and a friend)

I had completely forgotten until last night that I had not written some of the new gems from the Drama Queen.

Monday I had to go for a CT scan. The Drama Queen insisted upon going along. As I waited for my name to be called, she started telling me how the garage door opener was not working properly. I then started talking about something else. In the middle of whatever I was saying, she turned to me and said, "I'm not really listening to you because I'm too worried about the garage door opener." My thought was, "Why are you here?"

She then said that she needed me to come back to the house to look at the garage door after my scan. And then made a comment about how when I got home, I'd have to get the cats straightened out. Huh? It seems that the Drama Queen had assumed that I would be recuperating at her house. Ummm. No way in hell. This was settled when I told her that I needed to be at the office by 7:40 a.m. "You're quite right. You'll be driving yourself."

I looked at the garage door and told her where I thought the problem was. I also told her that I had no idea of how to fix it. She ended up messing around with it and making it worse. So of course then she had to call a repair guy. In the meantime, Grasshopper called me on my cellphone. While talking to Grasshopper, it dawned on me that it was 2:00 p.m. and that I had not eaten a single thing. I went to find the Drama Queen to tell her that I was leaving. Seems that she was miffed because the repair guy would not be able to come until Thursday. I explained that I needed to go grocery shopping. (I needed to stock up on soft food.) Her response? "Fine. Go take care of your stuff." I left the house in silence because I was afraid of what might come out of my mouth.

Last night I received a call from a friend. She got a cat a few months ago and realized that having him neutered cost more than she thought it would. Berkeley has a low cost spay and neuter program -- for residents. Therefore, she wanted to use my address to get the procedure done. She asked me about this back in June or so. So last night she calls and says that she has an appointment for her cat on Friday and that we need to pick up the voucher on Thursday.

My face is currently swollen from right below my eye to my jaw. It is so swollen that I can't even smile. Well, I can halfway; the right side won't go up though. My face also feels and looks bruised in some areas. Basically it is a really pretty sight. I had decided yesterday that I will not be leaving home until the swelling has gone down significantly. The way it stands right now, I do not think that it will be on Thursday. I tried to impart this to my friend. She said that she would call back to see how I'm doing. I don't think that she gets it.

Part of me feels like I am being horribly selfish. Then again I had told her repeatedly that I was having the surgery this week. And so I have decided that perhaps this time it is OK to be selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment