Monday, May 29, 2006

Animal Adventures

My weekend has been mostly consumed by animals. First there was my two -- Boris and Natasha. Then add on my friends two dogs -- Meadow and Gabe -- and my neighbor's cat, Angel. As I am still dogsitting, I think I will save the dog stories for the next post.

The main part of the dogsitting was that I had to stay with the dogs. I did go home briefly each day though. Friday B&N were highly upset with me. In fact, Natasha kind of took a swat at my arm to let me know how perturbed she was. Luckily she was just perturbed because this meant she swatted without claws. By Saturday they had adjusted somewhat.



Boris will sleep just about anywhere and through anything.



Natasha on the other hand is picky about where she sleeps, the cable box being one of her favorite places. You also cannot sneak up on her. I need to start using the camera with the zoom because it is nearly impossible to get a picture of her sleeping otherwise.

I did have some human contact on Friday night. I went to the usual place to meet one of my bar friends. Her fave band was playing and as the night progressed we decided that people needed to start dancing. By the end of the evening there was quite the little group dancing. And the backup singers gave me compliments on my abilities.

I also received the most depressing news on Friday. My bartender is leaving after this week for five weeks in China. I pointed out to him that he will miss my birthday, so we will be celebrating it this week. The same will apply for my bar friend as her birthday is the day before mine -- the same day as Laurie's.

Let me just put it this way. It's a good thing I went out on Friday night because I may not have made it through the weekend otherwise. Just look at the time of this post. It's a holiday and I'm up. That's all I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment