Friday, May 12, 2006

Losing my touch

It dawned on me this week that I may be on the way to losing my semipro standing in the world of partying. The last couple of weeks I have only been going out on weekends. What's up with that? Pretty soon folks will be calling me an amateur. Further proof was that on Wednesday afternoon I was beginning to think that the highlight of my week would be reading through Neil's archives. (How many times must I tell you folks that things are really slow at work? Oh, and some of y'all could post a little more often. Well, either that or I need to find even more blogs to read. And no, this does not mean that you can comment on how often I post.) I think I will need to take an aggressive approach so that this will not happen.

My plan was to go to my fave place with one of my fave bands, Fun with Finnoula. Nothing says Irish pub like Celtic music. I apparently made quite the impression on the band on St. Patty's Day or so they told me the last time I saw them. Of course I try to forget that evening as that was when I got rid of the icky musician boy. Didn't happen though. I got home and just didn't have the energy to go out. Pathetic, huh?


Of course this was going to be after hanging out at Boalt Hall for the annual Sandy Cohen Fellowship award. And yes, Peter Gallagher shows up each year for the reception. I have watched The O.C. since the first episode. There was no way I was going to miss out on this event and I didn't. Unfortunately I did not have enough cash on me to pick up a t-shirt but I did make arrangements to get one at a later date.

Oh, and speaking of lawyers and all -- what is with law firms with interesting nicknames? Specifically, I am thinking of Mofo. Well at least Pillsbury merged back in 2000 so I no longer have the pleasure of chuckling when discussing PMS.

And now that that stream of consciousness moment is over, let's get back to the topic at hand. I cannot lose my touch because I have looked upon these past few months as training for the ultimate party -- my birthday. It would be shame to have to start all over on the training regimen. On Wednesday evening I discussed possible birthday gifts with my father. Currently I have three options: (1) dinner at this place with a few of my friends, (2) taking my friends on a ride through the Napa Valley, or (3) a weekend at this place. Other thoughts I have had are a weekend with the girls in Vegas or something like that. I welcome any suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment