Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm probably going to burn in hell

Of course, most of you have probably already figured that one out. Yep, that's right. It's time for a weekend recap.

As you know, I was feeling pretty bad by Friday in thinking that I was going to lose my semipro standing. The challenge was that I had to tutor Saturday morning. My solution? Go out after work on Friday so I could head in early. So much for plans. Yes, I made it out. Did I get home early? Hell no. Things started off fine. I sat around chatting with this one guy about how the country was being turned into a two class society. Then he suddenly left. Didn't even finish his Guinness and Jameson's. Talk about some extreme alcohol abuse. The evening continued. I bonded with some random woman with whom I discussed music. Next thing you know the band was playing an oldie about which we had just been talking. This meant that we had to hit the dance floor. I should not be allowed to dance after cocktails because sometimes I forget that I am not a "dancer." The beauty of this all is that I have reached a point in my life that I don't worry what others may think. Well, at least on things like this. Otherwise, I'd never go out again. Some random guy kept on insisting upon walking me home. Getting rid of him was tricky, especially since he was kind of cute. What makes me really bad is that I managed to talk a guy on my walk home out of a copy of Street Spirit. This would be the paper that the homeless sell. That's right. I talked a homeless guy into giving me a paper for free. I think I pointed out to him that I have never had to pay for one in the past.

I did manage to show up at work on Saturday on time -- at 9:30 a.m. I guess I get to keep my semipro standing. I heard from the boy who will not be around much longer. Yes, the cellphone is once more working. Apparently one of his favorite movies is Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. He likes to believe that it is all true -- and wishes that it was his life. Ummmm, but he sometimes has a cellphone, doesn't have a car, works retail, and is 35 years old. I suddenly remembered why I stopped hanging out with guys 35 and older. So depressing.

Sunday was a lazy day. I had to finish a book. I then decided that I should start working on my knitting again. As proof of the laziness around here, I present the cats.





They did move occasionally so that they could find a new place to sleep. I think that they left very few surfaces unslept upon.

Now that I am sure of my semipro standing, I need to do some planning for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment