Monday, May 7, 2007

Bad friend

Yep, that was the highlight of my weekend -- being a bad friend.

A coworker was throwing a party Saturday afternoon at a park in my neighborhood. I had every intention of going but then I awoke at 5 a.m. I know. How wrong is that to be wide awake at that hour on a Saturday? And to top it off I felt like I was coming down with a sinus infection. I spent the next several hours desperately trying to go back to sleep.

Now this alone does not necessarily make me a bad friend. What does is that I forgot in my congested state that I had told Grasshopper about the party. And my phone was on vibrate. She had called five times before I even thought to check the phone. I did call back immediately. But she was extremely pissed off by this point. Not that I was surprised.

So it was a beautiful weekend and I stayed in. I've been doing that a lot lately. Things also got thrown off this weekend because originally I was supposed to have been going out with Jade to celebrate her 40th. Thursday she called to say that her husband reminded her that they were supposed to be doing something else. Always seems to be the case. I really need to find new friends. Because Queenie is dating her ex once more. And I had cross words with the boy early last week. So I might just be on my own once more. And perfect timing since things are still up in the air about my employment status for next year. Just feeling a wee bit stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment