Friday, March 23, 2007

Yesterday so sucked

So I had a mild meltdown yesterday. This would be in my meeting yesterday afternoon with my principal. In which she was telling me all the things I was doing wrong and needed to change. I took lots of notes but all I could think was, "I am tired, drained, and overwhelmed."

I also made a decision after that meeting. I'm going to see if I can change my doctor's appointment. Because I know a part of my current mental state is having that hanging over me. And screw the lack of subs. Queenie seems to have no problem in taking a day off. It's time for me to do the same. I tried calling the appointment line last night to reschedule but apparently I can only do so by speaking to the doctor. Guess what I'll be doing today?

And now I'm polishing up my resume because Queenie and I had a little chat yesterday morning. Seems like we may be the only ones who received the layoff letters. You do the math. I'm also toying with making a slight career change at this point. I'll see after I talk to one of my mom's friends. Or if I can line up another position for the fall, then I know it's definitely time to go back to school. I have been wanting to get my math credential for some time. If I go to Berkeley, which is oh so conveniently located, then I would be able to get the credential along with my master's. And once I have the master's? I could teach at the community college level instead. And of course I could always go back to corporate America. Not that I really want to.

So I'm trying to stay positive while I weigh my options. And y'all are a part of the positive. Well, some of y'all. Because right now, some of y'all are just plain irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment