Thursday, April 5, 2007

What's next?

I had originally planned on writing this post this morning, but sleep was more important.

Yesterday I lost my mind completely. That's right. Queenie and I took our classes out on a field trip. That's 45 kids. (Some were absent and some had to stay at school.) We were joined by six other adults. At times we could have used more adults. And I'm sure there are BART riders who now absolutely hate Queenie and me. Overall, it was pretty successful. There is one child in my class who will never see another field trip this school year though due to the scene the child tried to create. Can anyone say drama?

One would think this would be enough excitement for one day but no, I needed more. That's right. After dealing with the kids in public most of the day, I then had to pick my mother up from San Francisco airport. Her flight came in at 5:30 p.m. Yesterday was opening night for the Giants. Fortunately, most Giants fans take public transportation but still. You do the math.

By the time I got home last night, it was about 9 p.m. (And the sad thing was that I could not get the Netflix rental from the mailbox because as I was approaching the building I was accosted by a homeless guy who smelled of liquor. He proceeded to follow me, begging me to marry him. So no mail but simply a quick retreat into the safety of my building.) It was a no-brainer as to what to do next. Sleep. And I was heading into some really good sleep around 10:15 p.m. when the phone rang. Who was it? My mother wanting to chitchat. I think I finally had to say something along the lines of, "I'm going back to sleep now," to get her off the phone. Because I was trying to be polite and to not hang up on her. Especially since I had already stated that I had been asleep. Why do I feel like the next two weeks are going to be especially long?

Today was an OK day at work but that's OK. The important thing is that the day is over. And now I'm officially on spring break. What first? A nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment