Friday, April 13, 2007

I couldn't resist

Once I conquered my bedroom, I realized that the rest of my apartment looked shabby in comparison. I've gotten as far as the living room. There is still some clutter on the bookcases but that will be a piece of cake now that I've taken care of everything else. On today's list is a complete scrubbing of the bathroom and kitchen.



This did not stop me from entering the kitchen last night though. I finally had my artichokes with hummus. This was followed by potato leek soup. I think today I'll try it with some crumbled bacon on top. Because bacon makes everything better. Oh, and I made bread pudding as well. They didn't have croissants in the store so I picked out the bread that I thought was of the closest consistency and then let it get stale. This vision started when I noticed the strawberries in the store. Well, actually I went looking for raspberries but ended up settling on the strawberries. If there had been raspberries, I would have baked them into the bread pudding instead of serving them on the side. This morning I also got around to making the creme anglaise. Because that's how I envisioned the whole thing -- bread pudding topped with creme anglaise and fresh sliced strawberries. (And yes, this is what I ate for breakfast. Along with a mug of chai.) If I keep up like this, then this summer this may very well end up being a food blog.

But since it isn't, let me move onto other things. I first saw this at Kapgar's. Then Hilly posted it. So of course, I finally had to give in.

THE MOVIE MEME

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
Where to start?

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
Purple Rain.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Ed Harris. Ever since The Abyss, I've had a thing for him.

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
Jim Carrey. Because of this, I was torn over The Truman Show. As you can see from my above answer, it should have been a definite must-see. So I debated it some before I actually went to see it.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Eurotrip.

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
Duh. Grease. Still own the soundtrack. And my fave bar in North Beach? They have it on the jukebox. One of the bartenders used to play it at closing time.

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
I leave the singing to my mother. If it has a song that she knows, she is guaranteed to sing along. Heck. This is the woman who sings along to the Muzak when shopping. Really embarrassing. Especially when I'm trying to act like I don't know her and she yells across the store, "Where are you going? Yes, you in the blue sweater. What's the matter? Don't want to admit to people that I'm your mother." So no singing.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Rebecca.

9. Name a movie that you own.
I wouldn't even know where to begin. The latest purchase was Cinderfella.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Mark Wahlberg.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Of course. The last time I can remember was a double feature with the 'rents when I was a kid -- Cooley High and Mandingo. I was supposed to be asleep by the time they showed the second one but I wasn't. Still disturbed by that one to this day.

12. Ever made out in a movie?
Isn't that a rite of passage?

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
Devil in a Blue Dress. Cinema Paradiso.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
No, but there's that one rental I've never made it through. Every time I have rented Shakespeare in Love, I end up falling asleep at the exact same point.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Terms of Endearment.

16. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Clerks 2. Sad, huh?

17. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Suspense, classics.

18. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

19. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
I'm sure there is one but I have obviously blocked it completely. So let's leave it there in the recesses of my mind where it belongs.

20. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
Another hard one. I tend to enjoy what others find weird. Thus the reason why my mother and I rarely go to the movies together. But I'll take a stab at this one -- Village of the Giants.

21. What is the scariest movie you've seen?
I think I am going to have to agree with Hilly on this one -- Poltergeist. Saw in high school. We all left the theater freaked out.

22. What is the funniest movie you've seen?
Raising Arizona. The Last Supper also makes me squeal with joy, but in a different kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment