Thursday, July 19, 2007

Already starting

Last night my mother arrived. She had called me in the afternoon to let me know that her flight would be two hours late. It was almost 10 p.m. by the time we left SFO. I am used to lounging in front of the TV by that time these days. And then I had to stop for food because she was hungry. Do you know what's open at 11 p.m.? Not much.

It was about midnight by the time I got home. It is no more than a 15 to 20 minute drive home and in that time my mother had managed to call twice. Arggggh!!! This was after she talked non-stop on the drive to her house from the airport. And it's not like I don't talk to her on a regular basis when she's in Mexico because I do.

This morning she waited until 8:30 a.m. to call. More whining. It seems that there is a pipe leaking somewhere in the wall. We realized this last night after I turned the water back on. So now she's freaking out and begging me to call the insurance people on her behalf. Her latest proclamation is that at her age, she can no longer take stress. I wanted to tell her that she creates the stress. Yes, there have been issues with the house in Mexico but she chooses to make them into a huge drama.

I'm not sure how long I can be patient with her. And she's here until October. Wish me luck. Now? I have to go take her to the DMV to renew her license. Because her car is not running, but we knew that before she arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment