Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Proceed with caution

Since my days of lazing around are probably coming to an end soon, I figured it was definitely time to get motivated on the food front.

I know realize that the carrot cake is only available on Mondays. I got two slices this time. And it went really well with the pannacotta gelato I picked up on Saturday.


Carrot cake goodness.

For quite some time, I have wanted to try Gregoire's, especially after reading the ladies over at Two Hungry Bears and a Lazy Tapir. I decided to do dinner since I'm not really a sandwich fan. (Of course, that chicken salad sandwich I got at Poulet last Friday was divine.) I think the reason why I have avoided Gregoire's is that there just always seem to be too many choices on the menu. I have also been afraid of becoming addicted to the place.


I settled on the lamb loin in pastry with tomato and pesto.


Because I am such a pig, I also got the deep fried shrimp with black bean sauce.


And because I love potatoes so much, I got both the puffs that were divine ...


and the scallop potato & truffle.

I was about to leave when I noticed another recommendation.


Sam, you can wash down the yummy food at Gregoire with a Fizzy Lizzy.

Cookiecrumb, do not worry. I did not eat all of this food. In fact, I have lots of yummy leftovers for today. And the cake? I can only eat about half a piece at a time.

Between Poulet and Gregoire, I may never cook again. Needless to say, I went into a food coma last night. Now where to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment