Saturday, July 21, 2007

My own kind of Prozac and Xanax

After yesterday's adventures, I decided that I was more than deserving of treats. After my brief stop at home, I knew I deserved a trip to Poulet.


There wasn't any carrot cake but there was lime curd tart.

After the hair appointment, I came home and chatted with friends on the phone while catching up on some TV viewing. Then I realized just how tired I was and decided a nap was in order. I set the alarm clock for 11 p.m. By 11:30 p.m. I was toddling down the street so that I could get in line. You should have seen the look the cats gave me as I was heading out. Because they were still sleeping by the front door. Poor things.


By 12:15 a.m., I was back home with my book.

Then lunchtime hit today and I was not thrilled with the selection of food in the fridge. I wanted gelato and the only place to go, in my book, is Gelateria Naia.


After sampling seven or so flavors, I ended up with a pint of cardamom and a pint of pannacotta. Pure heaven.

Luckily I remembered before leaving home that one of the corner markets had added a food area that included one of my favorites, Khana Peena, as well as Su Casa Mexican and Blimpie's.


Rice, saag aloo (spinach with potato), chicken tikka masala, and naan.

And finally for Jill ...


One day Boris may finally learn to stop putting himself in such strategically weak positions. Natasha moved so quickly that I was unable to capture it.

Oh, and what the heck. One for Jolene as well.


I love the windows on this building.

And now I need to get back to my reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment